Thanksgiving Turkey Cake...
To all of our friends from the States...Happy Thanksgiving!!!!! After the day, and you have time to relax after a belly-groaning meal and entertaining family and friends it is time to move on to the next culinary adventure. Do you have the energy to make what you see above after the big day........sigh.... I know that I wouldn't since that would be too Martha Stewart of me, but I had to show you this "cake" I found on the web.. The bird has been carved and served, you’ve indulged in Aunt Maggie’s famous pumpkin pie, waistbands have been loosened or perhaps you just wore expandable pants for the occasion. The kids are already starting to talk about Christmas, but, before you bring out the decorations you need to do something with the leftovers from the Thanksgiving meal.
Many people don’t have the energy or the desire to deal with leftovers from a holiday meal and more often than not chuck the whole thing in the freezer only to throw them out at Easter. You could make this cake from leftover stuffing, mashed potatoes and turkey pictured above, if you have any energy left, or you can use one of the great recipes below. There are so many tasty uses for pre-cooked turkey, vegetables and left over mashed potatoes that it seems a shame to waste them. Not only will it save you time preparing meals in the week following a big holiday dinner but will also stretch your food budget.
If I still haven’t convinced you then divide your left over turkey into portions (about 2 cups) in freezer bags to pull out later in the winter when you have a craving for turkey again… Super Bowl Turkey Chili anyone?
Here are some great ideas! If you have any more leave a comment with your link and I will add your recipe to the list if you would like!! Can we get to 101 uses fro leftover turkey? Now back to the treadmill....
1) Leftover Turkey Shepherds Pie - More Than Burnt Toast
2) Turkey Avgolemono Soup - More Than Burnt Toast
3) Leftover Turkey and Leek Pie - Jamie Oliver
4) Turkey Con Chile - Jamie Oliver
5) Spicy Turkey Pisole - Food and Wine
6) Roast Turkey and Sweet Potato Hash With Fried Eggs - Emeril Lagasse
7) Turkey Enchilladas - Kalyns Kitchen
8) Turkey Nachos - Canadian Parents
9) Turkey with Sweet Potato Dumplings - Whole Foods Market
10) Thanksgiving Turkey Cake - Chow (pictured above from their web site)
11) Leftover Turkey Pho - Healthy Green Kitchen
12) Turkey Gumbo - Steamy Kitchen
13) Open-Faced Turkey Sandwiches with Caramelized Onions - Canadian Living
14) Turkey Con Queso Bake - Canadian Living
15) Shredded Turkey Quesadillas - BBC Good Food
16) Winter Pilaf - BBC Good Food
17) Rotelle Pasta with Creamy Sauce - Photogenic Food
18) Creamy Turkey Cajun Pasta - Savouring theThyme
19) Turkey Kale Soup - Forks.ca
20) Turkey Tortilla Soup - Better Home and Gardens
21) Turkey, Sweet Potato and Watercress Salad - Martha Stewart Living
22) Grilled Pear, Turkey, and Brie Panini - Jerry's Thoughts, Musings and Rants
23) Turkey Tetrazinni - Jerry's Thoughts, Musings and Rants via Elise from Simple Recipes
24) Turkey Barley Soup - Jerry's Thoughts, Musings and Rants via Kalyn of Kalyn's Kitchen
25) Mexican Turkey Soup - Jerry's Thoughts Musings and Rants
26) Asian Turkey Salad - Jerry's Thoughts, Musings and Rants via Cooking Light
27) Turkey Jambalaya - Jerry's Thoughts Musings and Rants via Cooking Light
28 - 48) 20 Tasty Recipes to Use Your Leftover Turkey - Kalyn's Kitchen
49 - 52) 3 Easy Leftover Turkey Ideas - Savoring Every Bite
53) Recipes Using Leftover Turkey - Recipe Girl
54) Couscous Salad with Turkey and Arugula - Food and Wine
55) Turkey and Mushroom Pot Pie - Food and Wine
56) Risotto with Turkey, Leeks and Mascarpone - Food and Wine
57) Turkey Shepherds Pie with Two Potato Topping - Food and Wine
58) Turkey Spring Rolls - Pioneer Woman Cooks
You are reading this post on More Than Burnt Toast at http://morethanburnttoast.blogspot.com. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to the author and or owner of More Than Burnt Toast. All rights reserved by Valerie Harrison.