21 July 2008

Musically MEME


My blog sister Ivy of Kopiaste has tagged me for a MEME. I love to listen to music at all turns in life so it was very hard to choose only 7 songs that I am enjoying right now. I'd have to say that my music tastes are quite eclectic and I love music from all avenues. I chose the first 7 that came to mind that have meaning, bring me to tears or just make me smile:D

The rules of the meme are:

List seven songs you are into right now. No matter what the genre, whether they have words, or even if they’re not any good, but they must be songs you’re really enjoying now, shaping your spring (or whatever season). Post these instructions in your blog along with your 7 songs. Then tag 7 other people to see what they’re listening to.


1) Hedley - It's Never Too Late (a Canadian idol finalist a few years ago)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9l_h8_mbZsc&feature=related


2) Michael Buble - Everything

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SPUJIbXN0WY

3) Great Big Sea - When I am Up (I Can't get Down)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QnsXi0zBzoc&feature=related

4 & 5) John Mayer - Waiting on the World to Change and Daughters

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HXWXQeHCWpo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f38Ne96R3iE&feature=related

6) Jack Johnson - Better Together (anything Jack Johnson he is my fave)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u57d4_b_YgI&feature=related

7) Chris Daughtry - Coming Home
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q8A2FaHhc3c


8) Mika - Grace Kelly

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tPUpxIBkcjM
I can never stick to the rules. As most of you know I am working at the Easter Seal Camp for Disabled children this summer. There is not much coming out of my kitchen this week and not much time to visit my favourite bloggers and see what you are up to. Just know that I am thinking of you and if you love music and want to consider yourself tagged for this MEME please go right ahead. I warn you is not easy to choose only 7..........
Best Blogger Tips

19 comments:

  1. Val, thanks for doing the Meme. I listened to all your songs, thanks to the links you gave us. None were familiar to me but I enjoyed them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great choices! I love, love, love both Chris Daughtry and Jack Johnson, and the others were fabulous choices as well. Are you still enjoying the job?

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fabulous view you have there Val. Crank the tunes, open the wine and time stands still.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Some familar, some not! This is a really fun meme idea! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good pics. I like most of these songs and artists, particularly Mayer and Johnson.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just stopping by to say Hi! I know you're busy and enjoying your new work.
    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your eclectic music tastes Val...haven't heard a couple but will look 'em up! Music is very invigorating & uplifting...soulful too. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice songs! I like that picture of the carved log, very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great choices, Val! I have had the pleasure of meeting John Mayer & Jack Johnson back in my music days :) We just saw Mika in concert a few months back and he is too fun!

    ReplyDelete
  10. AnonymousJuly 21, 2008

    enjoy your summer Valli! Youa re doing ownderful things, and I know you are having a blast.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a gorgeous photo! I love that carving! Best wishes to you and all the campers for a wonderful, wonderful experience to be had by all. My son will be heading off to a camp for children with epilepsy next month, and I'm very nervous about it. Just knowing that wonderful people such as yourself staff these types of camps, makes it a little more bearable for worry-wart mom!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Memes are difficult are'nt they Val? Saying that, I would be tempted to do a music one as it is arguably my favourite subject after food! Hope life is good.

    Cheers
    David

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hola Val! Don't you worry at all :D, we will wait for your new recipes and meanwhile enjoy your songs! I only know Michael Buble... I love his voice :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. That was a nice little insight Val! I don't think most of the music I am listening to could be found and linked to, to be honest :(

    ReplyDelete
  15. I had the same problem as Holler, but I found some none the less and I did my own version! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love this meme! Great music choices Val!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love Daughtry's I'm coming home too!! And what a lovely Pole that is....

    ReplyDelete
  18. Is that a shot from where you live or is it Stanley Park?

    ReplyDelete
  19. I have a day off of work so besides going to the beach I am doing a little cooking and blogging today and tomorrow. Thanks for visisting as always. I really appreciate it. The carving is at Summerhill Winery here in Kelowna.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my home. Thank you for choosing to stay a while and for sharing our lives through food. I appreciate all your support, comments, suggestions, and daily encouragement.

Val

This blog uses comment moderation therefore SPAMMERS, SELF-PROMOTERS and ADVERTISERS will be deleted.