3 March 2008

Bacon Wrapped Tenderloin Kebabs

Bacon Wrapped Tenderloin Kebabs
I have been crossing my fingers and toes all week in the hopes that Spring is here to stay. So far it is working a charm. This morning before I headed off to work I cooked the bacon somewhat and threaded these pork tenderlion morsels onto skewers to speed up the preparation process a little for when it was time to make dinner. They are quick to make nevertheless. Wrapping them with bacon helps add juices to the otherwise lean pork tenderloin...rosemary infuses them with flavour. I brushed the balsamic mustard mixture onto the kebabs with a sprig of rosemary as well...just another little trick I learned on the Food Network.



Anyone who reads my blog may be surprised that this is not a chicken, salmon or potato dish...wink...wink... I do sometimes eat something else :D

**Bacon-Wrapped Tenderloin Kebobs**

By Alison Kent and The Canadian Living Test Kitchen
3 pork tenderloins (each 12 oz/375 g)
9 slices bacon, halved lengthwise
9 sprigs rosemary, halved crosswise
1 tablespoon (15 mL) Dijon mustard
1-1/2 teaspoon (7 mL) each balsamic vinegar and extra-virgin olive oil
1/4 teaspoon (1 mL) each salt and pepper

Cut each tenderloin into 6 rounds; wrap 1 piece of bacon around side of each. Poke metal skewer through bacon and pork through to other side; remove skewer. Thread rosemary sprig through hole to extend on other side. Thread 3 tenderloins at right angle to rosemary onto each of 6 metal skewers. (Make-ahead: Cover and refrigerate for up to 24 hours.)In small bowl, combine mustard, vinegar, oil, salt and pepper; brush over flat sides of pork. Broil on greased rimmed baking sheet, 8 inches (20 cm) from heat, turning once, until juices run clear when pork is pierced and just a hint of pink remains inside, 10 to 12 minutes. Transfer to platter; pour pan juices over top.

NOTE: Use rosemary with thick stalks.To grill kabobs, cook on greased grill over medium-high heat for 16 to 18 minutes.

Serves 6

You are reading this post on More Than Burnt Toast at http://morethanburnttoast.blogspot.com. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to the author/owner of More Than Burnt Toast. All rights reserved by Valerie Harrison.
Best Blogger Tips

22 comments:

  1. Nice touch with the bacon as the pork tenderloin can get dry.

    Also, this dish reminds me i should get some wild rice...luv it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those look DEElicious.

    But I don't wanna hear about (grump, grump) Spring. We've got ice pellets and snow on the way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Spring was just teasing us here today. It was warm but snow is promised the rest of the week. Bacon wrapped anything is bound to be good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks delicious and hope the sun keeps shining bright for you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loving the bacon Val...great with the rosemary too...keep on enjoying the good weather.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like what you did with this--its simple, but looks mouthwatering, whether it be the pork, the bacon, the mustard, the rosemary (I might as well name every ingredient, lol!). I don't eat nearly enough pork and will have to give this a try!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Yummy!! I love anything with Bacon on it...
    But Val.. jus think, add some peppercorns, a few madnarin oranges on the skewer and you have yourself Another entry for the Royal Foodie Joust. Oh, but it shouldnt matter - your winning!! Good luck on the joust!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Easy and interesting dish Val!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great idea to do with the tenderloin! Who doesn't love bacon anyway they can get it?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oooh Val I love the touch of adding bacon to the pork - yum! This looks delicious!!!!

    I thought spring was here too but woke up this morning to slight snowfall!! Hope spring is here to stay for you :)

    Rosie x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Spring? What's that. I'm never optimistic this time of year. One week it's a few warm days- the next week it's snow. I don't put away my winter coat till May.

    The kebabs look fantastic. Pork and bacon. How I love the noble pig!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You're right I was surprised to find pork tenderloin here. But what a great idea with the bacon. I'll try it. What had great sunny days, in the Valley, the past couple days.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Bacon on pork? What more could you want?! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ooooh, the bacon makes a perfect wrapping around the total deliciousness you created! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What!!?? You prepared the bacon in the morning before work? You are one dediciate cook.

    And where is the chicken? ;-)

    x Nora

    ReplyDelete
  16. I like the pork on pork - one of those wonderful dress me up or dress me down type dishes

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ina's beating Jamie Oliver? Nooo!
    Just kidding- I like Ina also.

    This sounds porky and delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Kabobs are one of my favorite things to make, especially if guests are over. You can really load those guys up with meat and veggies! I have a wonderful marinade for pork kabobs that I will have to get to you. Or hey, maybe I will make them and post!!!! Bacon is a great idea and I bet it imparts a nice extra flavor!
    Keep those fingers crossed:D

    ReplyDelete
  19. No spring here yet, but this dish makes me want to fire up my grill. Good idea with the bacon Val!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Bacon wrapped tenderloin, mmmm! I'm now looking at my leftover curry from last night and thinking, why?

    Hope you are well.

    Cheers
    David

    ReplyDelete
  21. Ooohhh Val, this looks delicious and sooo complete: the meat, the salad, the rice... Could I come over for dinner... pleaseeeeeee? :D

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my home. Thank you for choosing to stay a while and for sharing our lives through food. I appreciate all your support, comments, suggestions, and daily encouragement.

Val

This blog uses comment moderation therefore SPAMMERS, SELF-PROMOTERS and ADVERTISERS will be deleted.