2 February 2008

Cafe Valerie...My 1st Blog-versary!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!





Cafe Valerie in Cleethorpes, Lincolnshire, England (there really is such a place)


Today is February 2nd. What is so special about this day in the scheme of things? Well...today is my 1 year blog-versary. Yay!!!! I feel as though I have been blogging for years; learning by trial and error ,but, with so much still to learn and to develop. With the help of many of you out there I have developed my blog into what it is today. Not just with technical support but with friendships and fresh ideas.

... an entire year of opening my mind to new adventures in the culinary world
... an entire year of opening myself up to new ingredients and challenges
....and an entire year of cultivating new friendships throughout the blogging world.

There has not been a day that has gone by that I have not come across something new, fresh and exciting whether it be a new recipe, ingredient or idea. In our busy every day lives it is special to be a part of a group of so many like-minded individuals who share a passion for "good food, good friends and good times". I want to thank each and every one of you for your daily encouragement, support and friendship. I am truly blessed.

Today I have also been tagged by my friend Mary over at her creative blog Shazam in the Kitchen. We both took ballet for 7 years when we were young 'uns , we both like to sing...wink...wink...and we have broken a thing or two. If you have not visited her blog before please do. She has some amazing and inspiring dishes. I have been tagged many a time, but, I will try and dig deep.

These are the rules:

Link to your tagger and post these rules.

Share 5 facts about yourself

Tag 5 people at the end of your post and list their names (linking to them).


Let them know they've been tagged by leaving a comment at their Blogs.

1) Three years ago I had a spiral fracture of my right leg and sprained my left ankle while hiking on Saltspring Island in the Gulf Islands off the Vancouver coast. It was an easy hike, really only just a lookout over the ocean...not wearing proper shoes..the rest is history. Three months off of work...bored to tears....couldn't drive....best forgotten.

2) If I committed a crime...if I were caught committing a crime...wink..wink...my last meal would start off with an appetizer of dolmades, which I eat like candy, a plate of cheddar cheese and onion perogies, corn on the cob and garden tomatoes..no meat required. Sigh!

3) I support anything local. I purchase only British Columbia wines (except for the time when we had a Greek dinner and a bottle of Boutari was on the table) . I believe in supporting the local economy. Sorry all you other wonderful wine producing regions!!!!

4) I have 3 jobs....I have worked for a doctors office for 11 years, 5 days a week. As an aside to that I also work for a research company that does clinical trials for the big drug companies...I also work at a pizza place...making the best pizza's out there!!! When does she have time for blogging and a life you say???? I manage very well thank you!! Before this I was a stay at home mom for 11 years.

5) Housecleaning is my nemesis. Nemesis (sometimes called fate) - in classical mythology, Nemesis was the Goddess of Divine Retributive Justice or Vengeance. Written with a small letter, the term means a rival or opponent who cannot be overcome. It also means any situation or condition that one cannot change or triumph over and an agent or act of punishment. Fittingly it is a Greek term meaning “retribution” and nemein, meaning “to deal out” or “dispense.” ....enough said. Blah!

If you are tagged just check out my answers if that is as far as you want to participate. There is certainly no obligation whatsoever. I have tagged many of you before. In our busy lives we can choose to participate or not, whatever you like I won't be offended.

Rosie at Rosie Bakes a "Peace" of Cake
Helene of La Cuisine d'Helene
Ivy of Kopiaste

Anj of Gulf Coast Gram

Gloria of Canela's Kitchen

Best Blogger Tips

24 comments:

  1. Congrats on the first year anniversary. I too have 3 jobs( thelittle ones are for "Fun and learning".

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Anniversary. :) Rosie was the one who tagged me and I tagged Mary! :)And send some pizza plz.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy blogaversary Val, and hope that you will continue for many more years to come. We have all learned a lot from blogging and the best part is that we have made new friends. Thanks for tagging me. Shall do my best.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy anniversary Dear Valli!!! Thanks for tagging me I will try...
    I think my blog's recipes is the best of my life, I have new friends around the world and how you say sometimes I learned a lot of things of different countries.xxxxxGloria
    Im a baby in the blog I have only 5 months!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A very happy birthday to your delicious blog and many more fun entries to you ! marla

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy blog-birthday!

    xoxo, jaden

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Blog Birthday!
    And has, do you deliver your pizza?... to Ontario?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Blogversary, Val! Thank you for including me in the meme. I am quite honored. If time and interesting things come to mind I will try to post. Regardless, thank you for including me.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Birthday Val!
    I feel I know a little bit more now! You kept that pizza making quiet!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I started working at the pizza place a month before Christmas. I actually really enjoy it. It helps to work with a fun group of people and it is only a few hours on the weekends..extra pocket money..but still time for my own fun!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Blog Anniversary Val!!! It's going to be exciting to see, and taste, what you have in store for us in this 2nd year!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations on your first year of blogging! Hope there's going to be many more my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy Anniversary Val!! :) I look forward to viewing the next 12 months on your blog!

    Sorry I haven't been around but had problems with my P.C. and was off line.

    I hope you don't mind if I sit this tag out this time? Not that I don't like to partake but I've not long posted a 5 fact meme (Sorry to disappoint).

    Rosie x

    ReplyDelete
  14. No worries Rosie. Pixie said she was tagged by you.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy blog-versary!! I'm right behind you - I think my one year mark is sometime next month. I need to check on that...

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congratulations on one great year of food blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congrats on your first year! Here's hoping for many more...

    ReplyDelete
  18. Sorry I am so late on wishing you a wonderful "Happy Anniversary"! As I may have mentioned, I have 4 guests, one of them being my brother, arriving a week from today. So I am frantic right now getting my house in order and activities scheduled. I turn into miss travel agent when I have guests as I do not like to waste one moment of their vacation time. When all is said and done, I like it too! Do if you do not hear from me much, you know why!

    ReplyDelete
  19. CONGRATULATIONS Val!!! Did you bake a cake had a candle on it, asked for a wish and blowed? Maybe I do that on my 100 posts, I've been thinking about it for a while now.
    And yes, I was wondering how could you have time for blogging with 3 jobs?????? You are my hero!

    ReplyDelete
  20. No cake Nuria...look at all those sweets I have been eating already :(

    ReplyDelete
  21. Happy Blogiversary! Sorry I missed it earlier.

    Gosh, you are busy! It makes me tired just reading about it all.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Congratulations on completing a great year in the blogosphere, Valli.:-)

    Here's to many more!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Congratulations on your first year. Here's to many more.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my home. Thank you for choosing to stay a while and for sharing our lives through food. I appreciate all your support, comments, suggestions, and daily encouragement.

Val

This blog uses comment moderation therefore SPAMMERS, SELF-PROMOTERS and ADVERTISERS will be deleted.