27 December 2007

They Asked for the Recipe Punch.....

They Asked for the Recipe Punch
This is a delicious make-ahead recipe for an open house. Stir in the ginger ale when the guests arrive. Serve in goblets, high ball glasses, or any pretty clear glasses to show off the festive colours.

I had friends over a few nights ago and my friend Neil asked for the recipe. If a guy who is not particularly interested in cooking asks...then I am flattered. This punch served 12 with only 1 glass each..it needs to be in multiples.

They also know of my obsession with blogging and didn't even bat an eye when I was taking photos of my food.



**Sparkling Cranberry Tea Cocktails**

4 cups water
1/2 cup sugar
2 tea bags
2-1/2 cups no-sugar-added cranberry juice or cranberry-raspberry juice
1 cup vodka
1/4 cup Grand Marnier (or other orange-flavoured liqueur)
4 cups ginger ale, chilled
Slices of orange, optional

Combine 4 cups of water and sugar in a large saucepan; bring to a boil. Cook until sugar dissolves, stirring occasionally. Pour over tea bags. Cover and let stand 5 minutes; discard tea bags. Cool. Stir in juice, vodka, and Grand Marnier; chill.

Gently stir in ginger ale. Serve over ice; garnish with orange slice, if desired.

Serves 12
The Feast
You are reading this post on More Than Burnt Toast at http://morethanburnttoast.blogspot.com. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to the author/owner of More Than Burnt Toast. All rights reserved by Valerie Harrison. Best Blogger Tips

7 comments:

  1. Punch was made for the Christmas holidays and I have no problem admitting I get drunk from it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow - that's a fantastic punch. Its funny how friends and family get used to the picture taking. :) The best is when you hear, "Did you get a picture?" before a fork is picked up.

    I like how you sealed the wraps with the tomato. clever!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Punch made with tea sounds too good to be true! Tea is my second favorite beverage - bet you cannot guess my favorite!
    Love your teacup in the previous post. I saw it yesterday with those cookies and wound up baking more cookies yesterday afternoon! Glad to hear you had a great Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll say wine is your favourite beverage Deb!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really nice punch's recipe, je , I'm not alone with the obsession maybe this weekend we go to the beach (The picture that you see the other time) with my parents and I say Gerardo Do you will bring the Notebook, Of course he said : are two obsessives person, Marìa Esperanza and you. Really???

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cranberry and tea sounds like an interesting combo. The sushi platter looks good.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am sooooo making this when my sister & her family get here. What a perfect way so sip (right...) in the holiday. YUM!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my home. Thank you for choosing to stay a while and for sharing our lives through food. I appreciate all your support, comments, suggestions, and daily encouragement.

Val

This blog uses comment moderation therefore SPAMMERS, SELF-PROMOTERS and ADVERTISERS will be deleted.