- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onions (white and green parts only)
- 1 T olive oil
- 1-1/2 cups long-grain rice
- 2-1/2 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh dill
- 1 lemon, rinsed and quartered
2. Stir in rice, chicken broth, grape leaves and reserved 1/4 cup brine, lemon juice, raisins, and pepper. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer until liquid is absorbed and rice is tender to bite, 30 - 35 minutes.
3. Fluff rice mixture with a fork, stir in parsley, dill, and remaining 1/4 cup green onions. Mound salad on a platter and garnish with lemon quarters if desired. Serve warm or at room temperature.
You are reading this post on More Than Burnt Toast at http://morethanburnttoast.blogspot.com. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to the author/owner of More Than Burnt Toast. All rights reserved by Valerie Harrison.