Marie-Hélène's Apple Cake
It's the Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown by Charles M. Schulz - Linus and Sally
Your cake looks perfect and I'm delighted that you liked it. And yes, I know the problem of not having leftovers -- a nice problem to have though....Dorie Greenspan
It's the Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown by Charles M. Schulz......"I got a rock"
from Around My French Table by Dorie Greenspan
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 4 large apples (if you can, choose 4 different kinds)
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons dark rum
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 8 tablespoons (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted and cooled
1. Center a rack in the oven and preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Generously butter an 8-inch spring form pan and put it on a baking sheet lined with a silicone baking mat or parchment paper and put the spring form on it.