After years of anticipation Canada will be hosting the 2010 Winter Olympic Games in Vancouver, British Columbia from February 12th – 28th. The Olympic flame will reach our city the last week of this month. Canadians across the country are not only sharing in the pride of being the host country but looking forward to seeing all of your countries around the world participating in winter sports. We'll all be cheering on our athletes who have trained so vigorously and are set to represent their respective countries.
In many ways BloggerAid-Changing the Face of Famine (BACFF) members are also athletes even if we’re not putting on skiis or hockey skates. Our sport is FOOD!!! Now that's my kind of sport...and jumps ahead of hockey, cross country skiing and skating. We represent over 60 international countries who have created and developed a communication and friendship that has brought our world a little closer together with a mission to raise awareness. What better way to come together than to create a Culinary Olympics where we can share our pride for our nations cuisine.
BACFF is hosting an event to promote both our sport (food) and our mission (to be actively promoting the allevation of world hunger). We invite you to participate and represent your country. Here’s how:
1. Beginning today and ending on February 28th at midnite, please submit a recipe that represents your country to blogs4famine(at)gmail(dot)com. Let's show some national pride in our countries cuisine.
2. Include the name of your blog (if you have one), your URL and a photo of your submission.
3. Feel free to use the event logo/avatar and include a photo of your country flag (the flag is optional but we’re encouraging national pride)
4. Post your submission on your blog with a link back to BACFF at http://www.bloggeraidmarketing.ning.com/ and also a short piece encouraging readers to buy The BloggerAid Cookbook available at Create Space https://www.createspace.com/3405882. Include stories of your countries athletes, cuisine or anything else you would like to include. It is only limited by your imagination!!!!
Here are some general guidelines:
1. If you’re an expat, you can choose to either create something that represents your country of birth or the country you are currently in.
2. You must be a member of BACFF to participate
3. All entries will be posted on BACFF on March 5th.
Represent your country with pride. During this event we will share some Olympic fun and sporting events with you on the BACFF site and will welcome you to our country. Something you may not know is that both Giz and are are from Canada. We look forward to sharing all of your international dishes with you so get on your aprons, fire up that oven and share your national dishes with the world!!! I have my oven mitts on and am at the starting gate!!!!!
NOTE: If you're not already a member and would like to join click HERE. We are working on ways to raise awareness for the people of Haiti behind the scenes after the release of a call for help from the World Food Programme.
You are reading this post on More Than Burnt Toast at http://morethanburnttoast.blogspot.com. Content must be credited to this author.