21 September 2009

Cheese Lovers Mac 'N' Cheese

Cheese Lovers Mac 'N' Cheese

It is lights out for a few days here on More Than Burnt Toast. I am headed to San Francisco!! I will be touring the city with a ferry ride to Sausalito included (any thoughts on where to eat in Sausalito?); indulging myself with a "foodie" tour of Little Italy; am invited to Chef Michael Mina’s newest outpost RN74 as guests of The Mushroom Council;and also headed to dinner at Contigo a star on the culinary scene with blogging friends old and new. Of course there is the conference itself where there is a line up of amazing activities and speakers. All in all I am looking forward to these next few days with anticipation!!!! It will be fun to meet a lot of the bloggers that we visit each and every day.
I am headed to San Francisco as a guest speaker at BlogHer Food. I will be speaking as a part of a panel about BloggerAid-Changing the Face of Famine and "How Blogs Can Save the World", along with Genie of The Inadvertent Gardener and The Hunger Challenge, Lydia of The Perfect Pantry and Drop In and Decorate as well as Pim of Chez Pim and Menu for Hope.
Before I head south I leave you with a very comforting dish that was part of the Ultimate Recipe Showdown Comfort Foods. The winner of the competition was Rick Massa with his Cheese Lovers 5 Cheese Mac and Cheese . I found the recipe on Emily's site Sugar Plum. "Our" girl was there and did so well in the competition!!!! I have wanted to make this for a while but had to wait until the cooler weather arrived....weeeellllllllll here it is!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The mac 'n' cheese was heavenly...and such comfort food on these cooler evenings. So, off to the city and I look forward to catching up with you all when I get back. In the meantime check out these other mac 'n' cheese recipes..........

White on Rice Couple - One Pot, Stove Top, Creamy Mac and Cheese
Mushroom Channel - Mushroom Mac 'n' Cheese with Mustard Greens
BlogHer - Homemade Macaroni and Cheese
Cooking Light - Three-Cheese Macaroni and Cheese

You are reading this post on More Than Burnt Toast at http://morethanburnttoast.blogspot.com. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to the author/owner of More Than Burnt Toast. All rights reserved by Valerie Harrison.
Best Blogger Tips

40 comments:

  1. Have fun in the beautiful city of San Francisco...enjoy it all! Truly America's culinary capital. And thanks for sharing with us this comforting mac an cheese recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Geez, Val, what a wonderful chance to be able to travel like this. Good luck and take many pictures. M&C looks gorgeous!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mac & Cheese, oh that's yummy! Yours look delicious!

    Have a great time in SF!

    Cheers,

    Rosa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, Val... how lucky!!!! I wish I could be there too!!!!! Enjoy every single minute, have fun and please... tell us about it when you are back :D

    Good luck with the conference. Bravo for Food bloggers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have fun on San Francisco. Sounds like you are going to meet many very interesting people. The mac and cheese looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My mom has a huge honk of cheddar in her fridge we keep forgetting to turn into mac and cheese.

    Have a safe trip!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Have a wondeful time in SF. It sounds like a great opportunity for you to get your message across.

    Cheese lovers? That's always a tempting name (even though I wish Emily had won that day). I'd probably want a four-cheese though since I have that "thing" about blue cheese. ;-) I do love the bacon part!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Have a successful conference! I would have loved to hear your presentations.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Have a great time in SF. you must tell be all about it when you get back--Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  10. We are really excited to get have you as our guest Friday night. The menu looks pretty amazing:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. My son loves Mac&Cheese. What a great recipe Val.

    ReplyDelete
  12. so wait...does this mean there are people out there who actually don't love cheese? :)
    have a blast at the conference!

    ReplyDelete
  13. So looking forward to meeting you, Val!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Have a wonderful time in SF! Take lots of pics:) Thanks for the mac and cheese recipe. It looks simply divine!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I will be attending BlogHer Food and will look for your session!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congratulations on being a guest speaker! Wow! I'm so impressed! I can't wait to hear all about your trip! Wishing you a safe, beautiful, delicious journey! :-)

    While you're in SF, I'll continue swooning with delight over your Mac and Cheese... :-) Oh my, Oh my... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Have a good time in SF! Looking forward to hearing about how your session goes. You'll be great!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Have a wonderful time there Val, SF is such an awesome city, one of my favorites!

    ReplyDelete
  19. This mac&cheese is totally making me drool. I'm actually grateful that the weather has turned a bit cooler, since it puts me in the mood for comfort food like this!

    So sad that I couldn't make Blogher Food!! Have a fantastic time. I'm certain that you'll be just awesome! Say hello to everyone for me :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Have an amazing time. They finally have a food blogger close to my home and I move away!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hope you have a great trip! It sounds like so much fun! I'd love some mac and cheese ... love the pretty serving vessel, too!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Have a lovely time Vall in SF and this is a wonderful and yummy recipe, gloria

    ReplyDelete
  23. I'm bookmarking this one to make when I get home from BlogHer Food. See you there!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Enjoy your stay in SFO .. there is great food there!

    ReplyDelete
  25. How could you possibly go wrong with a dish like that!?

    ReplyDelete
  26. Have a great time, Val! The mac and cheese looks perfect. Mmm.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Enjoy San Francisco. Wish I could be there! And that Mac and Cheese looks fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  28. EMILY WAS ROBBED! LOL! :)
    Although this mac n'cheese looks pretty good too!

    Have fun in San Fran! See you there in a few weeks for the Foodbuzz event!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Ooooh! mac and cheese! looks awesome! Have fun in san fransisco!

    ReplyDelete
  30. ...and you'll go back again in Nov for the Food Buzz event? Kudos to you for the work you're doing.

    ReplyDelete
  31. That looks sooooo good :)
    Want to just mound that onto a a tiny plate,crawl into bed and watch TV.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Wow - have a great time - Sounds amazing. I love that mac and cheese!!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Val,
    Have a great time at the conference and good luck with your presentation. Now, I need to check out this mac and cheese recipe. One of my favorite comfort foods.

    ReplyDelete
  34. You chose a beautiful city. Have fun and we'll look forward to your return.
    Sam

    ReplyDelete
  35. Have a great time! Congrats on being a speaker! That's awesome.

    This mac and cheese looks delicious. Although it makes me a little angry at the same time. :)

    ReplyDelete
  36. Mac & cheese is my son's favourite! :) I haven't done it for a while... thanks for reminder!

    Enjoy your weekend, Margot

    ReplyDelete
  37. The mac n cheese looks awesome.
    Hope you are enjoying yourself in SF. Love Michael Mina, I hope you write about that!
    LL

    ReplyDelete
  38. Wow that looks good! Mac and cheese is perfect comfort food.

    ReplyDelete
  39. Mac N cheese...never tire of it and the combos are endless.

    Enjoy your stay in SF..you're gonna fall in love with the city!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my home. Thank you for choosing to stay a while and for sharing our lives through food. I appreciate all your support, comments, suggestions, and daily encouragement.

Val

This blog uses comment moderation therefore SPAMMERS, SELF-PROMOTERS and ADVERTISERS will be deleted.