21 December 2008

Peppered Pecans

Peppered Pecans
Need something quick and yet just a tiny bit special to offer your friends over the holidays? A small bowl of these peppery pecans are delicious with cocktails or as part of a cheese plate with some sharp Cheddar cheese and apples or pears.



You can keep these pecans in an airtight container for up to one week.


**Peppered Pecans**

1 tablespoon sugar
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1 teaspoon butter, melted
1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 pound pecan halves
Cooking spray

Preheat oven to 325°.

Combine all ingredients (except cooking spray) in a large bowl, tossing well to coat. Spread mixture evenly on a jelly-roll pan coated with cooking spray. Coat nuts with cooking spray.

Bake at 325° for 15 minutes, stirring every 5 minutes. Remove from oven; cool completely. Store in an airtight container.

You are reading this post on More Than Burnt Toast at http://morethanburnttoast.blogspot.com. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to the author/owner of More Than Burnt Toast. All rights reserved by Valerie Harrison.
Best Blogger Tips

20 comments:

  1. Those pecans must taste wonderful! A great idea!

    Cheers,

    Rosa

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this idea...perfect for cocktail time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these kind of pecans. I made a recipe, one year, and friends went nuts. Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. nice, spicy...pass me some champagne to cool my mouth.

    ReplyDelete
  5. First time I've heard of this and they sound lovely sipping a glass of wine.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love spicy nuts (those of you with dirty minds, please feel free to snicker). The only problem I wouldh ave with making these is they would never make it till the guests arrrive. I'd eat them all.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just recently made some sweet and spicy pecans, I'll have to give your peppered pecans a try next!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love spicy pecans! This looks like a great recipe for Christmas parties and guests!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very good idea Val, unfortunately my picky hubby doesn't like nuts, but I do!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great idea! I love the simplicity of it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. To find healthy snacks on the blogs these days is not easy, but this is a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yummy, I shall have to try these soon :-) thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  13. These look yummy! I'm sure my husband and I would both love them!

    ReplyDelete
  14. These are great Val! And perfect with that festive cocktail.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Perfect, perfect timing! I've got extra pecans on hand, plus all the other ingredients! I love this idea! There are some flavor here that I wouldn't have thought to use, but I bet they taste awesome! YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  16. These sound wonderful and I even hve some pecans that some one sent me, will just have to improvise the wocestershire sauce.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Val, nuts are a must at the Greek table during the holidays...hope it's filled with family and friends.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love keeping spiced nuts around to snack on.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my home. Thank you for choosing to stay a while and for sharing our lives through food. I appreciate all your support, comments, suggestions, and daily encouragement.

Val

This blog uses comment moderation therefore SPAMMERS, SELF-PROMOTERS and ADVERTISERS will be deleted.