24 May 2008

LOOK WHAT I MADE!!!!

HoneyB of The Life and Loves of Grumpy's Honeybunch challenged us to come up with mentioning a few of the recipes we have managed to try in LOOK WHAT I MADE.

HERE ARE THE RULES to LOOK WHAT I MADE!

1. List the names of 2-5 recipes you tried from other blogs. Provide a direct link to the recipe. If not available, give the blog link and let the reader search for the recipe by name.
2. Shortly describe your experience with the recipe.
3. Tag 3-5 other bloggers or the authors of the recipes you listed to post the links to the recipes they have tried from other bloggers. Note: If you are new to the blogging world and haven’t had a chance to try any recipes from your fellow foodies, just pass the tag on to someone else.
4. Notify the tagged bloggers about the tag either by leaving a comment on their blogs or by emailing them.

Each and every day when I venture online and visit my favourite blogs I come across a recipe or two that I bookmark to try .....someday. The list is getting larger and larger as we speak for all of us!!! Most of these recipes I haven't had the fortune of trying yet, but my list is slightly smaller by having tried the recipes below. It is time to get some of those recipes out of the bookmark stage and into these pages.....I am working on that!!! I was surprised that I had so few to offer. I apologize to all my foodie friends whom I couldn't mention in this post because I haven't gotten around to making their dishes.

Jessy (and her dog Winnie), the talented 15 year old of Baking Blondie , had a recipe for one of my favourite breakfast foods on her site. Crumpets .Here is her original recipe for crumpets as well. Can't you just imagine all the nooks and crannies dripping with melted butter!!! These crumpets or pikelets as we call them are better than my original recipe. So this is a keeper!!








Julia's site A Slice of Cherry Pie is coming to us from England. Julia is a talented cook. Her recipe for Jersey Royal Potatoes with Feta Watercress Sauce .This is Julia's original recipe for these delectable potatoes . Although we do not have Jersey potatoes here in Canada the watercress feta sauce was fantastic on our new potatoes!!! Another keeper!!!!!!!








I was drawn to a recipe by Amber of Amber's Kitchen . This Explosive Turtle Cheesecake is bound to be a favourite in our household.This is Amber's original recipe for cheesecake here. One of my daughters favourite desserts is another version, but I do like this chocolate cheesecake version as well.




















Peter, in Toronto...my old stomping grounds... at Kalofagas prepared my all time favourite snack dolmades . He baked these dolmades in the oven so I had to try this method. You can find Peters original recipe here complete with lip-smacking photos and step by step photographs.













I couldn't resist Blueberry Stuffed French Toast. This French toast recipe comes from Lisa of Lisa's Vegetarian Kitchen . This was an excellent dish for this particular special occasion or for any breakfast when you want to feel special.










So who is tagged for this MEME. The 5 bloggers whose dishes I have had the good fortune to prepare. If you have time this is a fun MEME!

Jessy of Baking Blondie
Julia blogging from A Slice of Cherry Pie
Amber of Amber's Kitchen
Peter at Kalofagas
Best Blogger Tips

24 comments:

  1. They all look great and the bloggers you featured should take this as the highest compliment. I want a slice of that Turtle cheese cake!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Val, a wonderful homage to these dishes you've prepared from your fellow food bloggers.

    Thank so much and I'm going to dig around and see who I can tag, as I've made a fee bloggers' dishes too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. AnonymousMay 24, 2008

    It all looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the tag Val :) If I have the time, I will try to get to this. You certainly have made some tempting dishes from other people's blogs. My list is quite long, but I have tried a good few recipes that I have found from others. Don't you just love the food blogging community.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It was fun to compile this list, but I have to get cracking and make more dishes from other people's blogs. It is time consuming so give it a try if you have time:D

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun meme! And your versions of the others' recipes look delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Val, you definitely have chosen some great looking recipes from other blogs. Like you I have an ever growing list of bookmarked recipes.

    ReplyDelete
  8. All of those dishes sound good!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, what gorgeous food! Everything looks fantastic and scrumptious!

    Cheers,

    Rosa

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you so much for the tag, and I'm thrilled you liked the recipe! x

    ReplyDelete
  11. wow! great job! you made a lot of yummy looking stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  12. There are so many intriguing recipes and simply not enough days in the week to prepare them. You certainly prepared a well rounded selection of recipes. The crumpets are still my favorite. As delicious as that Turtle Cheesecake looks I'll take a warm buttery crumpet every time :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Val, you've done justice to each and every one of those recipes. Pretty impressive. I think this type of meme epitomizes the beauty of food blogging - it's the sharing and exchange that makes it special.

    ReplyDelete
  14. How lovely to see your tribute to yummy foodies...you've done them proud! xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  15. AnonymousMay 24, 2008

    What a fun meme! I'm always wanting to make the great stuff I see on other blogs. This is a great excuse to actually do it!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Look at you cooking so much. Lovely dishes. So homey :-) I am hosting Tried & Tasted event dedicated to cooking from other blogs. This month, we re cooking from Cynthia´s blog. Up for the challenge?

    ReplyDelete
  17. that turtle cheesecake is indeed a keeper--it's the best recipe i've found (although i doubt i can ever get mine to look as fantastic as yours...). isn't the internet a wonderful thing? :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great choice of dishes. I really have to try those crumpets.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks for participating Val!

    I have been eying that same cheesecake of Amber's! I just need an occasion to make it!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Yumm, to all of these bloggers you mentioned and their delicious food, but I'm sorry that cheesecake is calling my name!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Val - what a good meme! The crumpets are high on my list...

    ReplyDelete
  22. Val they all just look stunning!!

    Rosie x

    ReplyDelete
  23. I LOVE this idea. I have had some great recipes from fellow bloggers, so I'm thrilled to share the love. I will definitely make this my next post.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wonderful spread Val!!! I couldn't choose one only :D

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my home. Thank you for choosing to stay a while and for sharing our lives through food. I appreciate all your support, comments, suggestions, and daily encouragement.

Val

This blog uses comment moderation therefore SPAMMERS, SELF-PROMOTERS and ADVERTISERS will be deleted.