Not that long ago I was lucky enough to win a cookbook from Elly of Elly Says Opa . She is a talented cook from the States of Greek descent. The cookbook I won is now a vital part of my collection Cooking From the Hip by Cat Cora.
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic (about 1 large clove)
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 cups plain yogurt (or low-fat)
- 1 cup peeled, seeded and grated cucumber (about 1 medium cucumber)
- 1 whole peeled avocado, diced small
Add lemon juice, olive oil, garlic and salt to the yogurt. Add grated cucumber, diced avocado and mix well. Chill for at least one hour.