13 March 2008

Bruschetta Pasta with Seasoned Bocconcini


Bruschetta Pasta with Seasoned Bocconcini


Ruth over at Once Upon a Feast has been organizing Presto Pasta nights every Friday for 2 years now. I don't eat pasta as often as I would like but since it is Spring I wanted to celebrate with flavours yet to come...juicy vine-ripened tomatoes; sweet, sun-warmed bell peppers; and the flavours of the sun drenched Tuscany hills. Since I had purchased a very large container of cherry bocconcini they had to be incorporated into the mix as well. Move on over winter and HELL-O summer!!




**Bruschetta Pasta with Seasoned Bocconcini**

4 large ripe tomatoes, chopped
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 medium red onion, finely chopped
1 yellow sweet bell pepper, finely chopped
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
1 teaspoon Kosher salt
1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1 pound bowtie pasta or other pasta of your choice
3 tablespoons minced fresh basil leaves
Seasoned Bocconcini, (recipe follows)

In large bowl, combine vegetables with oil, vinegar, Kosher salt and black pepper. Cook pasta according to package directions. Reserve 1 cup cooking liquid; drain pasta and toss with vegetable mixture. Add pasta water as needed for sauce. Stir in Seasoned Bocconcini mixture to pasta and vegetables. Top with fresh basil. Serve warm or at room temperature.

Seasoned Bocconcini

1 container 7 ounces fresh mozzarella (cherry Bocconcini), drained, cut into small pieces
1 tablespoons olive oil
1 teaspoon Kosher salt
1 teaspoon black pepper
¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes

In medium bowl, combine ingredients; cover and refrigerate until needed.

You are reading this post on More Than Burnt Toast at http://morethanburnttoast.blogspot.com. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to the author/owner of More Than Burnt Toast. All rights reserved by Valerie Harrison.
Best Blogger Tips

24 comments:

  1. Just beautiful Val! I love adding cold ingredients such as these to hot pasta and ending up with a warm dish. Great flavours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fresh and oh so good. I can just taste that seasoned Bocconcini.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha I love the label you put on this post "You won't be single for long pasta". This looks and sounds delicious! A perfect meal to start bringing us into summer. I'm loving the daylight lasting into the evenings now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh baby, this makes me wanna sing, "spring is in the air...everywhere I look around"!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely colourful Pasta !!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks really delicious and perfect for spring! It is actually very similar to my absolute favorite dinner that I make, fresh mozzarella and tomato pasta. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is a glorious dish. Hopefully winter will take a hint from it and MOVE ON!!!!

    Thanks for sharing with Presto Pasta Nights.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi! Looking forward to our Taste & Create! I am on vacation right now, but am heading home tomorrow. I'll take a good look at your blog next week and choose something to make.

    Oh, and, I am posted a yummy shrimp recipe later tonight, so check back for that. It was so good that I am going to make it again very soon!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your pasta is beautiful! And I love love love the combination of tomatoes and fresh mozzarella!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is so funny. I just posted my favorite pasta recipe. Pasta with fresh tomatoes. It reminds me so much of summer!!! The only thing I have left out is the Bocconcini...might add that next!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I haven't been eating a whole lot of pasta lately, either, but this sounds wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I don't eat pasta very often, but this recipe makes me want to eat some right now. Lucky you, thinking of summer while I can only dream of spring!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That looks like a fresh and delicious pasta. All that's missing is a glass of Chianti

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love fresh mozarella and tomatoes. This looks very tasty.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Now you just need the kalamata olive bread I posted today to go with it.
    Seriously Valli, that pasta looks fantastic. Fresh mozzarella is so yummy

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely! Wihs it was summer - this is summer on a plate.

    Cheers
    David

    ReplyDelete
  17. Looks beautiful! Bruschetta is one of my favorite summer foods!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Yum! Very beautiful presentation!

    ReplyDelete
  19. It looks so fresh and good. I did not come often this week as I'm going to San Francisco and LA next week. Lot's of planning.

    ReplyDelete
  20. That looks nice and fresh and good. I like the idea of seasoning the bocconcini. I am going to have to try to get bocconcini more often.

    ReplyDelete
  21. That is one gorgeous dinner! I love bruschetta and pasta combined.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hey, it's kind of like caprese pasta, isn't it? I bet the cheese melted wonderfully and it tasted delicious. It gives me shivers.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I am really enjoying all the ways you are using your bocconcini! This dish yells "Spring"!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I'm dreaming of summer...sigh....

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my home. Thank you for choosing to stay a while and for sharing our lives through food. I appreciate all your support, comments, suggestions, and daily encouragement.

Val

This blog uses comment moderation therefore SPAMMERS, SELF-PROMOTERS and ADVERTISERS will be deleted.