7 February 2008

Chicken Breast Tuscany with Lemon

This is my standard "go to" dish when I want to cook up something easy peasy for those hectic mid week dinners. Chicken is a mainstay in our household. This dish can be halved or even made into a serving for one without compromising flavour or texture.

Has anyone had the problem of having no spell check on their posts? Face it I am getting old and forget how to spell more and more as time goes on. I haven't seemed to have spellcheck for weeks now. Heaven forbid that I have to use a dictionary :)

**Chicken Breast Tuscany with Lemon**

6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
2 eggs
2 tablespoons fresh parsley, minced
1/2 cup buttermilk or heavy cream
2 tablespoons flour
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
3 tablespoons seasoned Italian bread crumbs with Parmesan cheese)
1/2 cup olive oil
3 cloves garlic
3 lemons

*************************
Wash chicken, trim fat. Pat dry. Place chicken breasts, one at a time between wax paper or plastic wrap. Pound with a meat mallet or heavy frying pan to flatten slightly.

Beat the eggs with a pinch of salt, 2 tablespoons parsley and garlic powder. Add buttermilk or heavy cream and mix. Dip each chicken breast in, one at a time, then dredge them in flour mixed with garlic powder, then in the bread crumbs.

Heat 4 tablespoons olive oil in a skillet with 3 whole cloves garlic (peeled). Add chicken breasts, doing only 3 at a time so as not to overload the skillet. Turn garlic as it begins to take on color and then mash it into the oil with the tines of your fork. Remove garlic and replace with new cloves if it becomes too brown.


Saute chicken until golden brown, turning once to cook both sides evenly. When chicken is done, juices will run clear when poked with a fork. Drain on paper towels.

Cut lemons into halves. Serve a half of a lemon, sliced into wedges or a decorative garnish with each serving, to be drizzled onto the chicken. Alternatively I juice the lemons, deglaze the pan with the juice and pour it over the chicken when plated.




Serves 6 Best Blogger Tips

15 comments:

  1. Val, first off...no spelling mistakes and I too am forgetting how words are spelled.

    The chicken's breading looks good and the simple pan drippings with lemon sounds right, why hide the seasonings of the breading, right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a problem with my spelling check too. And I am always using a dictionary, of course!
    The chicken looks great, how come you use potatoes to go with it? I thought you didn't like potatoes! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The recipe for the potato salad is coming tomorrow Nuria :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. First of all, this chicken sounds wonderful!! And I have to laugh about the spell check - they were just talking on the radio this morning about how kids aren't learning proper math because of calculators. I actually thought to myself this morning about how dependent I am on spell checker!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I never use spell check. I guess I am too lazy or always in a hurry. Every once in awhile I will check the dictionary, but otherwise I just wing it!
    Oh yum on that chicken. Lemon goes perfect with chicken! (So does capers!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah, Val I would ask about those potatoes with the peel on them. In Cyprus we cook some very small potatoes after scrubbing them well and eat them with the peel as well.
    Nice combination of ingredients.

    Don't worry about the spelling, it happens to me all the time but even worse, I want to write a word and write something else (write = right) (there - their) etc. Maybe that's Alzheimer.
    Just in case I do the same as Ben but save another copy with the HTML code as well because my pictures disappear all the time and it gets frustrating to have to upload all the photos again. Does anybody know why?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love chicken with lemon - and that looks like such a lovely crust!
    What's a dictionery, er, dictionary?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Val. your chicken really does look very tempting and one I would have to try. Spelling it happens to me many times eek.....

    Rosie x

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh, i left a comment and it disappeared!

    This chicken dish looks delicious and quick to prepare. My heavy pan is very useful for flatenning meat ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. That chicken sounds awesome!

    I type all my posts in a Word doc because that way blogger can't accidentally eat it, (I mean, I know my posts look tasty, but come on!).

    ReplyDelete
  11. I can't spell either and my spell check hasn't worked all week. :(

    On the bright side of life, that chicken looks fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Mmm, this looks like the ideal chicken dish to go with my risotto tomorrow night!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Breaded chicken with lemon sounds tasty and refreshing. A nice a simple combo.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm just to lazy to use spell check and sometimes inadvertently use the wrong word - like Waste instead of Waist!! Maybe its just wishful subliminal thought as I really need to Waste some inches off my Waist!! :) Speaking of Waist, that Chicken looks just yummy my dear Val!!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my home. Thank you for choosing to stay a while and for sharing our lives through food. I appreciate all your support, comments, suggestions, and daily encouragement.

Val

This blog uses comment moderation therefore SPAMMERS, SELF-PROMOTERS and ADVERTISERS will be deleted.