Congratulations to last month's winner of the Royal Foodie Joust Mehgan of Crave Perfection with her amazing Zucchini Stuffed Chicken with Buttermilk Chipotle Sauce. The joust is hosted by our good friend Jenn over at http://www.leftoverqueen.com/ . She had been featured on Yahoo Food this month as well as having diversified her career plans. She is so lucky to have the ability to incorporate her passion for food, and all things food related, into her work. We should all be as passionate and excited about our work as she is!! This month the 3 ingredients for the joust are White Chocolate, Pears and Lavender.
I decided to go with a Black & White Chocolate Fondue Infused with Lavender. To incorporate the lavender into the cream I heated it just to the boiling stage and then let it steep for 30 minutes. Then strain it through a fine sieve. To make the lavender infusion you must add 2 tablespoons of culinary lavender buds for each cup of boiling liquid (usually water or milk). This recipe called for a 1/2 cup of cream . Therefore I can use the extra 1/2 cup of infused cream to make lavender scones for breakfast. Lavender Infusion can be used to make lavender lemonade, iced tea, cakes, cookies and sorbets. A Lavender milk or cream infusion can be used to make Lavender Creme Brulee, Lavender Ice Cream, Lavender Cheese Cake, Lavender Scones and more. The ideas are endless!!!!
**Black and White Chocolate Fondue Infused with Lavender**
- 1/2 cup 1/2 and 1/2 cream infused with lavender (as above - 2 T lavender buds for each cup of almost boiling cream; steep for 30 minutes. Strain)
- 6 oz premium Bernard Callebaut white chocolate, chopped
- 6 oz premium Bernard Callebaut semi-sweet or milk chocolate, chopped
- pears, strawberries, grapes, plums, bananas or other fruit of your choice
- pound cake or fruitcake
2. Melt the white chocolate with 1/4 cup of milk in a second heavy-bottomed saucepan or double boiler. (Note: if the mixture becomes too thick, add a little more cream to thin it out)
3. Surround the bowl with the cakes and fruit. Serve with fondue forks for dipping.Serves 6