2 July 2007

A Favourite Find....




For a few years now I have been polishing off freshly made pasta from Zara's. I have taken a cue from other bloggers and featured one of my favourite companies on my blog.

Zara arrived from Bassano, a small town northwest of Venice. Eventually this entrepeneur started his pasta business. "Zara's Pasta Production" in Vancouver, British Columbia.

The pasta is made daily, cooled overnight and delivered fresh to Granville Island Market in Vancouver in the morning. He also sells to 60 different restaurtants. food stores and distributors. We can purchase it here in the Okanagan in many different locations.

There is such a huge variety of favourite fresh pasta such as linguine; plus many varieties of stuffed pasta such as ricotta and spinach canneloni, butternut squash ravioli, roasted garlic chicken tortellini, squid ink linguini.....the list goes on!! I was hoping they had a web site so that everyone could enjoy Zara's fresh and innovative pasta's. No such luck. It is still a relatively small business to sell world wide. Their telephone # is -604-987-2935 in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada.

I am having some of their "Spicy Cheese Agnolotti" for supper with a cream sauce of my own. Mmmmmmm!!!!! I will just have to wait till supper when I get back from reading at my beach. What a glorious life!!! Simple and free....till work tomorrow that is!!



And here is supper!!!!


**Cooking Light's Alfredo Sauce**

1 T butter
2 garlic cloves, minced
1-1/3 cups 1% milk
1-1/4 cups (5 oz) grated fresh Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, divided
1/2 tsp salt
2 tsp chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley

********************************

Melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add garlic; cook 1 minute, stirring frequently. Stir in flour. Gradually add milk, stirring with a whisk. Cook 6 minutes or until mixture thickens, stirring constantly. Add 1 cup Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, cream cheese, and salt, stirring with a whisk until cheese melts.

Toss sauce with pasta. Sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese and chopped parsley. Garnish with black pepper, if desired.

Serve immediately.

( I usually put a mixture of diced fresh tomatoes, fresh basil and olive oil over top. As a garnish, not a sauce, so, a little goes a long way!!) Best Blogger Tips

2 comments:

  1. I used to subscribe to Cooking Light way long ago, and now I'm glad to have found this. I have a good alfredo sauce recipe, but it is certainly heavier than this. I'm going to grab this one for my recipe stash. THANK YOU for unearthing and sharing this one! :)

    Erika K

    best food processor

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my home. Thank you for choosing to stay a while and for sharing our lives through food. I appreciate all your support, comments, suggestions, and daily encouragement.

Val

This blog uses comment moderation therefore SPAMMERS, SELF-PROMOTERS and ADVERTISERS will be deleted.