The BBQ from the Surreal Gourmet calls for "smashed potatoes", but, I have decided to make my favourite instead. This is so simple, and you can use whatever combination of fresh garden herbs you like!!
The photo was taken from Gray Monk Winery in Lake Country, British Columbia looking towards Carr's Landing.
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup grated sharp Cheddar
- 1 T finely chopped shallots or green onion
- 1/4 cup chopped mixed fresh oregano, chives, chervil and parsley
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
1. Cream together all ingredients. If preparing topping ahead of time, let stand at room temperature 30 minutes before serving.
2. Serve on top of baked potatoes.