15 August 2008

Freudian Sip


Naramata Bench

It is the small things in life that make it all worth while. It just takes a small token of appreciation, a kind word or a pat on the back to make a person feel worthy. A friend gave me a bottle of wine from Therapy Vineyards in Naramata here in the Okanagan Valley. No particular reason except just being a friend...but hey I love a good bottle of wine and I love friends even more.


In my last road trip to the Naramata Bench I came across a sign for a new winery. I was on my way to the local coffee shop to pick up a frappucino and a sandwich for an impromptu beach picnic so didn't stop at the wineries that time around. I am so glad I was given this bottle to try their wines which in turn will encourage me to visit their winery the next time I feel like a road trip.
Don't you love the name!!!!! "Freudian Sip" is a blended wine made from 30% Gewurztraminer, 25% Viognier, 20% Kerner, 15% Riesling and 10% Pinot Gris. On the web site it says, "it has the bouquet of orange blossom, rose petals and apricot with the flavour of lychee, mango and lemon peel with a rich citrus fruit intensity and a crisp finish." Since I am not a sommelier I will go with that. All I know is it made for a wonderful sipping wine with some homemade rosemary and Parmesan crackers. Of course they have more traditional wines as well like Gewurztraminer, Shiraz, Viognier and Pinot Gris.

The Naramata Bench is a place of great beauty and personality. The town of Naramata is a sleepy little hollow with beautiful beaches, cafes and restaurants with a lavender farm and a spa thrown in. Twenty two boutique wineries have sprouted up on this prime agricultural land either situated on the picturesque rolling hillsides of the Naramata Bench or perched at the edge of cliffs that fall perilously towards Okanagan Lake. It is truly a breathtaking setting!!!

They say, "Perhaps this is the most scenic wine region in all of North America. Long established as Canada's premier grape growing region, the wines of Naramata Bench share a fine pedigree of superb craftsmanship and heritage. Naramata Bench wine country is a must visit destination for wine connoisseurs and those seeking vistas of unparalleled beauty."
Best Blogger Tips

8 comments:

  1. I don't think I've ever tried a blend of whites!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do love the name, I do. I do! It doesn't take a cute name for me to try a wine, but it surely doesn't hurt, either!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't get over all the beauty that surrounds you Val! How lucky you are to live there, I'm so envious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the name too Val! Very clever play on words. Your wine reviews are wonderful...keep them coming!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh thats a fantastic name! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. i have such an appreciation for ad-men (or whoever comes up with this stuff) go the extra mile and come up with something clever. good stuff, and hooray for road trips. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is one of the most clever & cute wine names I've seen in a great while! Who says names can't be fun?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really have to go back and visit all of these new wineries. What a great gift.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my home. Thank you for choosing to stay a while and for sharing our lives through food. I appreciate all your support, comments, suggestions, and daily encouragement.

Val

This blog uses comment moderation therefore SPAMMERS, SELF-PROMOTERS and ADVERTISERS will be deleted.