3 July 2007

CANADA'S LONGEST BARBEQUE

Good Morning Canada!!!!

On Saturday, August 4th at 6:00 join the challenge to enlist your fellow Canadians in a celebration of Canadian-grown foods and ingredients. The concept for the annual event is simple. Plan to have a BBQ at 6:00 pm local time and serve locally grown food. Get a bunch of your friends together and have a great time. You can join the BBQ and write about your menu at http://www.flavoursofcanada.ca/
Tell them your menus, your recipes and what the day means to you. "Your responses will be posted so that our Canadian farmers will be able to read them and know that they are not alone. This is our way of saluting them and their families". Oh yes you can also win prizes. Check out their site!!

Imagine if every family from the Atlantic to the Pacific had a BBQ on August 4th. We would be in a cloud of smoke for over 5,000 km!!! Of course I NEVER burn anything on my BBQ!! (Wink..wink...).

I have tentatively decided on my own menu. Got to use those fresh valley ingredients. Most of these things I can prepare ahead, so, I can spend as much time with my friends as possible. My kind of entertaining!!!

The photo was taken overlooking Lake Okanagan from Summerhill Winery in British Columbia.

Tomato & Carmelli's Goat Cheese Tart with Basil Oil
Fresh Tossed Greens with Little Creek Original Vinaigrette
Barbequed Flank Steak
Balsamic Grilled Vegetables
Barbequed Potatoes with Herbed Cheese Butter
Rustic Peach & Plum Tart with Rich Cream Cheese Crust and Ice Wine Whipped Cream



Bon Appetit!!! Best Blogger Tips

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to my home. Thank you for choosing to stay a while and for sharing our lives through food. I appreciate all your support, comments, suggestions, and daily encouragement.

Val

This blog uses comment moderation therefore SPAMMERS, SELF-PROMOTERS and ADVERTISERS will be deleted.